Be Safe Online During Covid-19
Now more than ever, most of us are staying connected online as a result of physical distancing from family, friends, colleagues and networks.
While the internet is a great way to keep in touch with family and friends, work from home, explore new online hobbies, or be entertained; it also has some risks.
Here are some tips for being safe online during covid-19:
- Be aware of who you are interacting with online;
- Maintain strong passwords and consider changing your password if you haven’t done so in the past three months;
- Stay alert for scams that may arise;
- Monitor your screen time so that you can also share quality time with those in your home; and
- Remember to verify any news about the virus, curfew hours or allowed activities during the lock down period with other notable sources such as WHO and the Ministry of Health.
In the meantime, remember to wash your hands thoroughly, stay at home and stay physically distanced.